Mechanical & Electrical
Sheffield Hallam University is one of the UK’s largest and most diverse universities.
It is based on two sites; the City Campus is located in the city centre near Sheffield railway station, while the Collegiate Crescent Campus is situated about two miles away in leafy south-west Sheffield.
Sheffield Hallam is the 11th largest university in the UK (out of 167) with 30,815 students (of whom 4,400 are international students).
Sheffield Hallam University were undertaking a large-scale project to redevelop the former Sheffield Head Post Office Building and transform it into the Sheffield Institute of Art. The project incorporated the full installation of mechanical and electrical services to an art deco concept throughout.
As part of this project, we installed:
- LV switch panel, containment, sub-mains, DBs, energy meters
- General lighting & controls, security, fire alarm, access control, lightning protection, disabled refuge, deaf alerter, CCTV, EM lighting self test
- Plate heat exchangers, boosted cold water, above ground drainage, chemical waste drainage, natural gas supplies, compressed air, LEV, general supply & extract ventilation, dry risers, coolphase ventilation, sanitary ware
- Water treatment, balancing and sterilisation, BMS systems
- Cat6 data outlets, fibre backbone, Wifi access points throughout, fully fitted out server room
The former Post Office building has been brought back to life and will remain a credit to Sheffield for many more years to come. The mechanical and electrical services have been installed to a very high standard with much appreciation and acknowledgement from the client, project management team, architect, design consultant and end users.
The project value was in excess of £3.1m.